Why is it that the fitness industry is so populated with extreme training and diets?
- If your workout doesn’t leave you in a pool of your own sweat and blood, then it’s not enough.
- If your cardio isn’t at max heart rate for 60minutes, you won’t lose weight.
- Interval training until you puke.
- Eliminate carbs, paleo, and 500 calorie restrictive diets are the solution to weight loss.
It’s as if people have lost their minds with some of the nonsense that is going on. Aggressive and extreme is not the answer.
Highly challenging fitness and cardio can be OK and fun when done occasionally. When done too often it will lead to over training, injuries and burnout. Plus, you will more than likely be visiting a physical therapist or orthopedic surgeon for an extended period of time, which I guarantee you will not be getting any fitter in those offices.
The problem is that none of the extreme fitness, cardio, or diets are sustainable long term. None.
The best fitness and nutrition program is the one that you can do consistently. That means 80% of the time, that’s all I’m asking for.
The best plan for losing weight or lowering body fat is by making gradual steps towards your goal. Building consistency.
Wanna see how easy it should be, here are a couple examples…
- Swap out one unhealthy snack with a piece of fruit each day.
- Walk 15 minutes every day.
- Go to bed earlier to get more sleep.
- Train 2 times per week.
- Try one new slow cooker recipe each week instead of take out.
Simple, easy, and repeatable.
Stacking these habits up week after week will lead to a leaner, fitter, happier, and more energetic you.
But where do you start?
That seems to be the million dollar question with a very simple answer…it depends.
Yes, it depends on you. What you are ready, willing, and able to do.
It’s different for everyone. We are all different and therefore need our own plan.
That’s where I can help:) Set up a call with me so I can help you determine your best plan of attack. I don’t have a lot of time to giveaway, so I have to keep the call to 10 minutes.
Simply email me Owen@republicofstrength.com if you’re ready to make a change.